Rob Quick and Kyle Gross taught high throughput computing in the 2014 African Grid School (touch for more >>)

Physics students from across Africa converged in Senegal to learn advanced computing techniques from two IU experts. Rob Quick, manager of high throughput computing (HTC), and Kyle Gross, HTC operations support lead, traveled overseas as part of their participation in the 2014 African Grid School that took place at Cheikh Anta Diop University in Dakar, Senegal.

“This is my second time teaching at the Grid School, and it’s a great experience because I get the chance to reach out to a community of students who normally wouldn’t have this type of hands-on instruction on advanced computing for physics,” said Quick. “I don’t normally get a chance to teach, and I’ve found the Grid School is an ideal place to share all the knowledge I’ve stored up over time. It’s also a good opportunity to interact with other cultures, which I really enjoy.”

Tags: , , ,

<< Back

Common UITS News Tags

Start visualizing with the CIB IQ-Wall

Imagine the content of your computer screen spread across a 24 x 18 foot wall, tiled with 24 flat screen monitors.

Photo Stream

Roy Tanck's Flickr Widget requires Flash Player 9 or better.

View all UITS photos